I enjoy experimenting with both process and style.
The non-objective mixed media collages start with a concept which is often buried under many layers. I allow the piece to change; it flows from my intuitive process. While I might do a series with the same concept, the process creates different end results.
I build up a "history" of layers; the challenge is unifying and relating the various elements.
Using memorabilia and found objects, I create personal narrative collage and assemblage pieces. The mixed media pieces may be drawn, painted, layered, scratched, scraped, torn, sewn, nailed, glued and/or glazed.
My work has been shown in numerous area group shows and one person shows in Portland , Bellingham, and Moorhead MN.
- B.S. Elementary Education - 1961 - University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN
- Charles Thysell - Fargo, ND
- Summer Classes - University of Minnesota - Duluth, MN
- Ed Bereal, Margery Amdur, Barbara Sternberger - Western Washington University - Bellingham, WA
- Royal Nebeker - Astoria Community College - Astoria, OR
- Peter London, Ceil Bergman - Cortes Island, B.C. Canada
- Guen Stone - Mt. Shasta, California
- KatherineChang Liu, Fran Larsen, Alex Powers, Christopher Schink &Skip Lawrence - Intensive Studies Seminar - Taos, NM